Xenon Bulb Fiasco

Grouch
This post is 4311 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So today I attempted to fit my new xenon bulbs bought from eBay. Firstly what a complete ballache head fuck it was just to gain access to the headlight bulbs. Anyway the bulbs I received were not the bayonet type fitting, so I could not fit them. I was fuming. Am I missing something? i.e. do I have to modify the fitting or something? It states on the advert that they just replace the old bulbs with no modifications needed. Anyway when I finally fixed everything back together, my high beam is the only light that works and not my sidelight. I am well pissed off.

Have I been sent the wrong bulbs or do I have to do something to modify the fitting? (which I am not prepared to do)!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you noticed much improvement since the upgrade john? if so then how so, what i mean by that is does the light shine further or wider angle or what? the reason for asking is tbh the light are pretty shite on unlit roads, and if its just a matter of changing the bulbs it might be worth considering.

Welshwan, I actually had to take them off because my bike had trouble starting the next morning with them on. I don't know if it's because the wattage was too high or a weak battery but since Grouch managed to get it working, it might be the latter. So I've got the original 35W ones back on but if I'm being honest I didn't notice a great improvement.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online