Big bore kit

Alexengongong
This post is 4303 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys

I've read in a few places that you can use the big bore kit from the TTR125 ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBR-Big-Bore-150cc-Engine-Kit-Yamaha-TTR125-TTR-125-L-LE-R-Cylinder-/150690446784 ) for the XT125, not sure how true this is as the XT is four stroke and the TTR is two stroke, although it does look very similar and doesn't replace the part for the valves used in the four stroke...... thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The TTR is a 4 stroke. Im not sure it would work be cross compatible though.

FYI if it were a 2 stroke it would definitely not work! You wouldnt have any valves to put in for starters.

Hey guys

I've read in a few places that you can use the big bore kit from the TTR125 ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBR-Big-Bore-150cc-Engine-Kit-Yamaha-TTR125-TTR-125-L-LE-R-Cylinder-/150690446784 ) for the XT125, not sure how true this is as the XT is four stroke and the TTR is two stroke, although it does look very similar and doesn't replace the part for the valves used in the four stroke...... thoughts?

You need to accept your XT is slow and theres no way around it other than getting your test passed and getting a bigger bike. Just enjoy it and learn everything you can whilst you have it.

Someone mentioned it being a two stroke... Silly me for not checking really. And I know they're not the fastest bikes but I don't see the harm in working on it a little. Planning on getting the DRZ400sm next year but I don't mind spending a couple of hundred on the XT making it a bit more punchy in the meantime.

Just examined the engines and they seem very similar if not exactly the same, 0.7CC difference (may just have rounds up the CC) exact same bore, exact same compression ratio, and they both look identical

the 2-stroke bike you have will have ports within the barrel to draw in the fuel/air mixture, wheras the four stroke big bore kit will not have as the fuel/air is drawn in by overhead valves and will not have the ports in the liner you require

thats just how it is im afraid dude, save your money for the DR400, they are good bikes and i nearly bought one until i got my XJ600

well i was planning on doing my direct access as soon as i hit 21(29th of january 2013) but obviously they're bringing in this new law so you're restricted to 47bhp on the 19th.... ten days before my birthday! so i'll get the DRZ leave it a couple of years then move on to a 750 Dorsoduro which was my plan originally :D

Sorry mate didn't realise. I'm 29 and getting my full so I'm straight in for a 600. The Ducati's are fucking gorgeous and IO have considered getting one, but I think they are not very reliable, so would be no good for my everyday commuting etc. I'm going to get a superbike as well for weekends.

i wish i could man! been waiting since i got my bike when i was 17 to do this license and now they decide to put the full license back to the age of 24! gives me another 3 years to wait! kinda annoying, i would love to have a couple of bikes but being a full time student and only having a part time job doesn't really supply me with the funds i need :/ have a look at the Ducati Monster 660 or the Cagivo Raptors..... i think they're gorgeous!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online