starting problem

pawan
This post is 4318 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hiii everyone...this is regarding my yamaha r1 08 starting problem. My dealer Warranty is officially over, but i was wondering if there is any recalls of the bike having trouble starting.i wash my bike last week and for the past 3 days when i start my bike it turns on for about 1/2 a second then turns off. I tried holding the throttle to about 7000 rpm's then I let it go and bike stalls. The only way the bike will stay on if I hold the throttle for a good 10- 15 seconds. The bike is very random sometimes it will turn on and stay on when its cold or hot, but sometimes even if its hot is just stalls right away. Just wondering if i can get any info before I take it to the dealer. I tried looking up in the forums but I couldn't find anything like my problem. Any info would be great and hopefully i don't have to pay anything to get this fixed. My bike has 2500 miles on it I'm very disappointed this is the first bike i have problems with. Thanx for all your help sorry for the crappy writing hopefully you can understand it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome pawan" with modern bikes , you need to clear the codes , its plug in to diagnostic laptop job,

All faults will be shown,, was it a power washer ?

And as he says take this to workshop section,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online