yamaha xt 125 r problems need help !

lester2410
This post is 4242 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a yamaha xt 125 r had it for a year and a half now and had issues with my speedometer 1st of all it stopped working so i checked the fuse that was fine,i checked the sensor on the wheel and that was fine so i checked battery that was fine so disconnected it for 10 mins put it back on and the speedo gave me the option to select what mod so i did then it goes off.

i thought it was the speedo itself so i bought a new one and it just repeated the same thing.

i have no idea what is wrong and need help please anyone

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I only recently found out that this is a common design fault. If you had searched the forum, you would have seen the following threads.

And a possible solution by Grouch here:

I can feel it, any day now and it's going to be me. I guess I better get ready while I'm ahead :(

Had a problem with my speedo too a couple of years ago, i'm pretty sure it's just brake dust and random crap off the road that builds up on the speedo sensor (mounted to/close to the front caliper) try and get a pipe cleaner or some kind of rigid cloth behind there and give it a good ol' scrub! if this doesn't work then it may need replacing as this is a common fault with the XT's.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online