Howling/Screaming Noise

edoffroad
This post is 4178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Halloween has been and gone, so it shouldnt be screaming and howling and more !!!

My money is on = you need to repack the wheel bearings with High Melting Point grease. (black in colour)

Once you do this and ride the bike for a while, you need to check bearings for play again. Once the bearings free-up ya might find that they are fooked !

It could also be coming from trapped air in the rad system. Being the time of year it is (cold) you might as well put in new coolant and re-bleed the system properly.

HTH

Pat

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

mr sensible? how are you pat ,were you been hiding.

Hey Kev, how you ?

A've been busy

Sorted...Front wheel bearings replaced and no more noises. :hyper: After chatting to a yamaha mechanic it seems that on a Fazer, even if you slightly over tighten the wheel bolt when refitting the wheel it can bugger the bearings causing this revolving, screaming noise!

Whilst the wheel was off I also cleaned up the Speedo assembly which wasn't running as freely as it should and had a slight squeak....Could it have been that?

I also fitted some trim to the edge of the double bubble screen....could it have been that? I doubt it.

Main thing it's sorted now

Thanks for your input and suggestions

Ed