My wickle donkey is back :3

wild foamy
This post is 4217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps,

Was outside the block having a smoke earlier when i caught a glimpse of my poor DT, sat over in the car park covered in shite, long story short its now in my bedroom.

DSCF2436.jpg

ive taken the tank/seat off and started running the wires through to make a new wiring loom, other than that this is the condition it was in when i loaded it into the back of my Kia all the way from Colwyn Bay to Didcot :).

It's just like a little puppy that looks at you with a cute face after taking a dump in your bed, you just wanna give it a cuddle :3

behind it there's a rear window for a classic mini, two mini exhausts sat beside it, a weight bar i never use, a guitar that i seldom play any more and about 5 number plates from vehicles which hav elong since moved on, on the plus side i now have more incentive to work on it now that its in the dry, the downside is that if at any time my room gets a surprise inspection i may aswell bend over and beg them to use vaseline

oh, and er, excuse the mess... everything just got pushed aside to make room for the DT

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Heh foam"e,, :thumb: , i have the dt175 in the spare room, lack of space in garage, no condencation is a plus :jossun:

:biglaugha: glad you got you're donkey back.

Damn I thought my 14x30 garage looked bad,I won't post a pict of mmyyyyyy house no matter how drunk I get.

Foamy ever heard of insta block :bag: ,,,, me neither but we should maybey look into it,, :biglaugha::lipseal::movingeyes: Aparently it stops you form buying crap on line and posting things when you've had a few pints or way to many........................blaablablagrrr :offtopic: I want a Donkey!

God i wish i could bring the draggy in the house! Think the wife would go mental if i did lol you could always strip her right down and hide all the parts away like some sort of demented mass murderer and deny all knowledge that it was there if you get a surprise inspection ;)

Thats what i done with my TV at Bovvington Garrison, when ever i heard they where doing a room inspection id either throw it out the window (i was on ground floor) or get it in the car as we where supposed to show proof we had a TV license lol

you could always give me the bike and i will hide it for you lol

we had a guy on xs400.com who sneaked his xs400 in bits into his rented flat. as he was building it this happened

2010%20TCU%20BBO%20156.jpg

a motorbike shape where the plaster was :babyha:

if you want to sell the acoustic, I'm looking for another decent one! :eusa_whistle:

nothing more to say really, my towbar wiring was ass about face so i had to take it apart to get it in the boot :)

Drewps, that is a brilliant photo!, luckily im on the ground floor so no chance of it going through the floor

oh its not the same donkey, i fear i will never see the original one again :(, but this one came about after another post-pub ebay "browse", and sure enough i found in the morning that i had won it for about £70 if i remember rightly, cost me maybe another £70 in gas to go get it

Also, the plan for this bike is to do everything i can myself, with the XJ i had the wheels refurbed, forks redone, frame powdercoated, engine head welded, carbs rebuilt and will probably have to get an exhaust system made for it.

but for the DT it will hopefully be used as a cheap alternative way to get around the RAF base and the local area without having to run the car on short trips, i will spray the panels myself, probably enamel paint the frame, re-coat the inside of the tank, the only thing i may have to get redone is the forks as the chrome has flaked off around by the yokes, but other than that its all my own work.

im hoping to have this bike done for under £500, possible exception being the forks :)

Drewps: that acoustic is staying where it is, its only a Nevada dreadnought anyway so nothing special, i bought an unbranded one off the jinglies in afghan on my first tour and took it everywhere i went, anyone who played it (or tried) had to sign it with permanent marker, it got signed by americans, afghans, estonians, pretty much a person of every nationality that was out there, sadly it got trampled on when i posted it back to my UK unit :(

Drewps: that acoustic is staying where it is, its only a Nevada dreadnought anyway so nothing special, i bought an unbranded one off the jinglies in afghan on my first tour and took it everywhere i went, anyone who played it (or tried) had to sign it with permanent marker, it got signed by americans, afghans, estonians, pretty much a person of every nationality that was out there, sadly it got trampled on when i posted it back to my UK unit :(

typical, after all that use and the royal mail cock it up!

Slight update peeps, i robbed the top-end off the other DT50 i bought for spares so fingers crossed it should be ready to run (going to have to move it outside though as the residents of the block wouldnt appreciate a two-stroke smokescreen methink,

it also appears that this bike has 3 destinctive colours, a black tank which shouldnt be too big a problem to respray, a blue headlight which was my donkeys' original colour, a white rear mudguard that has been painted grey and a black front mudguard, i would really really like to get it back to the original soft blue colour but i was wanting to know what the best way is for stripping paint off plastic parts? and indeed applying paint to plastic parts?

not sure what the paint code is, but after spending the last couple of hours surfing google i suspect it may be "peacock blue"

Try NITROMORS Foamy it will take off the paint without damaging the plastic, I would try it on a test piece first just to make sure it won't melt the plastics but I have used it over the years and never had a problem, if you have lots of layers then just wipe off the first layer and slap some more on and just keep going till it's done. :jossun:

Nice one, ta slice :)

What about re-painting? im assuming i will need some sort of flexable primer and a laquer to finish?, unless i can get it in two-pack