Hi Everyone

rowlyd
This post is 4242 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What a great club, very friendly and lots of useful info. Just to say that I finally got my 1991 xj600 (pre div) back on the road after 10 years stored in the garage. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as things go wrong with the little lady but for now its just nice to be part of a large crowd of like minded people

Regards

Rowlyd

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: to the YOC!

Welcome Rowlyd, Fire away with any questions you have mate there are lots of very brainy folk about on here.

Thanks guys, You've all just got A* * rating on what I had to do to get the old girl through the mot.

Had to drain the tank and fill with new fuel, then drain the tank again so I could remove it to get at the carbs which were overflowing and leaking onto the driveway and into the crankcase (wow what a stink of petrol when I changed the oil!!). Did the usual new float seals etc and she's now running but a bit lumpy at idle, will need to get the carbs balanced I think.

Then of course the brakes were binding so I had to strip these down and rebuild with new seals, bleed nipples etc which took an age to do because everything was stuck together with crud and I was trying to be gentle but in the end lots of brake cleaner and patience paid off. Don't get me started on the hours I spent bleeding the brakes, watching for little bubbles of air as I carefully pulled on the lever (and repeat) but all is well now, apart from a little (big?) electrical problem for which I shall start a new thread.

I really appreciate the help and advice, and even though I've not really worked on the bike at this level I'm getting more confident as I read the forums and see that a lot of what I need to do is actually quite common and not just my bike giving up the ghost.

Anyways thanks once again for the welcome ( I'm going to be looking for advice on the best replacement rec\reg for the bike which now seems to be overcharging (17 volts at the bat terminals when running, I'll try to post this in the correct place though)

Rowlyd

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online