XT125 R wheels on an X model

welshwan
This post is 873 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had been looking for a definitive answer of whether this is possible or not , or more to the point how much modification is needed. well after failing to find an answer i just gave up on the idea.

A few weeks later when looking for a new tire for the X wheels i saw a listing for a pair of golden color R wheels HOWEVER they were listen as suitable for the X and R model, i email to confirm they would fit the bike and the seller said yes, agreed on a price and waited for them to come.

When the arrived everything seamed as though it would ft no problem, so got the bike up of the floor to swap the wheels took off the front one tried it and realized the disk on the X model it 2CM wider, we then went to swap the disks, the old X disks was pretty much welded on so they had to be drilled out (every last screw!!!) .

the next day now (bear in mind we both work full time and only really have a few hours of free time at the same time during the day) X disks on the R wheels and they fit a treat, brakes work, all good. now onto the rear wheel....fits a treat wow wasn't expecting that :jossun:

so the answer for anyone wanting to know whether they can put the R (enduro) wheels on the X (supermoto) bike. YES IT CAN BE DONE!! :prince:

we also had to get new rear bearings and spacer at some point before even trying to get them on. as there wasn't any in it lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

LOL yes not all of us have the fancy badass after market ones on our bikes :P

One reason was that both of my X tires were bold as fuck i mean no questions straight 6 points and no one needs that shit. second reason was they were a fair price for wheels with disks, sprocket and damn near new tires (still had those little sticky out bits on em that u get when there band new) that was £90 + postage . 3rd reason that really should be my first i live in the middle of the countryside and there plenty of green lanes and forestry tracks about , i could just about manage going very slow in the dry on X wheels but not a damn chance this time of year.

i have kept the X wheels for when summer comes back around as i have had the outside of my boot on the floor with these the wheels! and pegs to the ground lol ...i know im a tit

LOL yes not all of us have the fancy badass after market ones on our bikes :P

One reason was that both of my X tires were bold as fuck i mean no questions straight 6 points and no one needs that shit. second reason was they were a fair price for wheels with disks, sprocket and damn near new tires (still had those little sticky out bits on em that u get when there band new) that was £90 + postage . 3rd reason that really should be my first i live in the middle of the countryside and there plenty of green lanes and forestry tracks about , i could just about manage going very slow in the dry on X wheels but not a damn chance this time of year.

i have kept the X wheels for when summer comes back around as i have had the outside of my boot on the floor with these the wheels! and pegs to the ground lol ...i know im a tit

I'd never even heard of a supermoto until I got my XT, but I love them. They're perfect for my commuting and I can race around as well. I'm getting an XT 600 supermoto next. I thought about doing a bit of green laning but just love my sm's too much now. I might get a wr or drz one day to do a bit of off roading.

• 9 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online