tzr 125 oversized jets ??

xeonzero
This post is 4326 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, i am currently trying to restore a old beat down Yamaha tzr 125, engine is 2rh btw =)

while looking through the receipts of parts replaced i noticed that the jets in the carb have been replaced

1 X 190

1 X 195

1 X 200

i remember seeing somewhere saying that the standard size for the bike is 180 if i am not mistaken, are these too big for the bike ? assuming theses are currently installed. will they cause the engine to stutter? as in previous post i stated that in 3rd gear up the engine wont hit its power band, it just stutters and slows down at high revs.

thanks for any help

mikuni hex heads ( brass )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its down to mixture , running at the leanest possible without seizure, too big a main, and it will bog the engine, too big a front sprocket would hamper a small CC bike, check your plug colour, [ after a blast,] , light brown is good,

Air filtre" need atention too, nore fuel [ big jet] = more air = more power, :jossun:

You need to check how she is running. Fully unrestricted a 240, even a 250 can be needed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online