Think about the other project now...

wild foamy
This post is 4329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps.

the cold nights are drawing in now and with one mini sold and the other one near completion im starting to look at cracking on with my other projects

The XJ turbo is coming along nicely, the engine has been welded and requires only shotblasting, painting and a fresh set of fasteners before it can be refitted and the rest of the bike assembled.

As for the DT, its a bit of a different story, all the parts are there and it would (hopefully) take a lot less time to strip, clean, paint and reassemble, the part-assembled wiring loom is hung up on the back of my wardrobe door and most of it is back together, but i have already started to think about modifications, i have noticed that people have in the past converted RXS100s' and some of the larger DTs from a 6 volt system to a 12v system using aftermarket reg/recs, i was wondering if i could do this with the DT50? from what i remember the lights were crap at the best of times so a 12v system would be a worthy upgrade.

question is, what parts will i need to change and what parts will fit? so far i can think of:

all bulbs

regulator

ign coil

indicator relay

rectifier (?)

battery (no brainer)

possibly the stator. depending what the unregulated output would be

any thoughts or ideas? :s

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm converting the gilera to 12v using a ducati solid sate stator and cdi/coil ignition from a derbi senda. will need a reg/rectifier and a small battery too. also the horn needs to be dc not ac.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online