When is a Diversion not a Diversion?

Goniffe
This post is 4329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone let me know the difference between a Diversion and a non Diversion?I have a '97 600n that Im trying to scource parts for and there appears to be some confusion(or is it just me?).Ive seen bikes of around this era that are or seem to be identical to mine described as a Diversion and others with slight body mods and twin front discs also described as one.I was trying to get a fender extender and the guy on the phone couldnt tell me if the ones they had advertised would fit. Any clarity on this would be most useful.Thanks. Tony.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yamaha pre diversions were made up till about 1982, these had twin front discs and an all in one instrument binnacle including a fuel gauge. they also had a more upright engine whereas the diversions engine was cantered foreward. hope this helps

According to my reading of Haynes (which Ive only just obtained) is that the Diversion was introduced in 92.with a fairing. In 95 the N was introduced the only difference being the fairing and associated lighting etc.It would seem that only the S is strictly speaking a Divvy but if thats the only difference it hardly matters......

Did anyone read that fucking link, or what?

• Like 1