Yamaha DT 175 1974 lighting issues

Dt175
This post is 4187 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gday im currently working on getting a DT 175 back to its roadworthy self however im having some technical issues with the electrics. I have the original service manual which doesnt offer much assistance in the lighting department. This is my first project and im 17 from Australia.

ive rewired the indicators to work, the horn works the neutral and indicator meter bulbs work.

BUT the headlight and general meter lamp do not.

the Brake light has a bulb blown which i am replacing but the Headlamp and meter lamp are both functioning when given power directly.

My question is has anyone had this problem before and if so any tips?

Or is the blown brake light obstructing the current to the headlamp?

Thankyou for your help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the brake light runs from the battery

The headlight is totally seperate and is directly powered from the magneto...so needs the key in position 2 possibly and the engine running and switches on.

how many positions does your key switch have including OFF ? is it OFF, 1, 2, 3 ?

on the left hand control is there an On / Off for lights ?

okay thanks.

yeah its OFF 1, 2, 3

strangely it does not have on on/off for the lights only a dim/high beam control.

I thought this was because it turned automatically as the engine ran

thanks for your help

This is the bike thus far by the way, still clearing rust away from when i got it.

575336_10151185530149585_1560239597_n.jpg

First half of the engine or frame number would be good.

Sorry for the late reply

I got the code wrong it turns out its 482010175 not 0 so that probably changes it dramatically, i thought i better double check when you said it might be a 125 haha. i could see the displacement indication at the base of the cylinder but i may just be blind.

haha very confusing! thanks for all your help though.

Ive looked around and havent found any AG specific wiring diagrams and advice on which DT diagram i should use then?

When i get home tonight i'll see what i can work out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online