Hi from the seaside & Help for 1975 DT175

Bythesea
This post is 4336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'm a new member to this forum but do contribute to carpeTDM (World of knowledge for TDM's & highly recommended for anyone who has a TDM) on a regular basis.

I've recently acquired a 1975 DT175 that was imported from the USA and has stood in someone's garage for 12 months. I'm looking to restore it as believe it or not it is almost rust free, so far I've stripped it down to the chassis and have not come across 1 rusted fastner.

I'm pretty sure that it's a 1975 model from the research I've done, BUT from the 1 part I have ordered which is the ignition barrel the mounting points don't seem to line up with the top yoke, my points on the yoke seem to be further apart. Does anyone know if there where 2 different ignition barrels?

I hope I can contribute to this forum, my 1st bike was a TZR125 that managed to show 100mph on the speedo crouched in.

Look forward to replies

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome B,T,sea , ignitions for DT"s :eusa_doh: ,, mine field , i think i bought 3 b4 i got it right, post up piccs, start a thread, in resto"s ,,

Welcome aboard. :)

I've got a 75 DT in my garage (missing the tank) thanks to one of the members. Like the guys suggested, start up a project thread (if you haven't already) and I can get some pics and measurements from my bike for you too of that'll help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online