Carb setup ??

derrick
This post is 6818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just purchased a 1983 venture royal. I presently have no top end speed. This bike sat for a couple years outside so I cleaned the carbs inside and out. No difference. Can anyone assist me in the proper setup or where to go from here.

Thank You

• 6 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just purchased a 1983 venture royal. I presently have no top end speed. This bike sat for a couple years outside so I cleaned the carbs inside and out. No difference. Can anyone assist me in the proper setup or where to go from here.

Thank You

Does that particular model have a fuel pump??? if so ck the fuel filter from pump to carbs??? also I believe this bike would have vacuume slides, ck the slide boots for cracking and pin holes.....will it rev-up at all or does it have a flat spot right at midrange...little more detail ...go after the easiest things first.... Hope I helped .........I have to check I think I may have a shop manual for this particular bike??? I'll check and leave you know.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online