Xt 125r forks

davidjlambert
This post is 3785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Just got an xt 125 and want to slightly lower the front end.

Looks to me that I can just draw the fork tubes up through the top yoke by about 30mm by loosening the pinch bolts.

Any problems against doing this?

Also there doesn't appear to be a petrol tap as such. I assume its a diaphragm arrangement. If so do they tend to let by as it smells slightly of petrol when sitting stationary.

Thanks for any advice

Cheers

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can drop the forks in the yokes, it will alter the handling a bit though and make it turn a bit quicker.

Thanks Ryan, I'll give it a try, I don't propose a big adjustment as it is limited by the handlebars although I could fit clamp extensions if I wanted to increase the amount of fork movement. I don't think my riding style is going to severely test any quicker turning effect!

Thanks Grouch, I presume the tap has a diaphragm that is opened by vacuum. When there is no vacuum, is there a spring that holds the valve shut and there should be no flow. Are they known to leak in this situation?

Hi David,

Yes it uses pressure, I have had an XT since March and have not experienced any problems. Also I have not heard of anyone else having the same problem. The most common problem on XT's is the speedo failing and needing replacing.

• 1 year later...

I second the speedo thing!!! Mines just went, then came back, then I lost half the screen. I'm not replacing it though, I can roughly work out my speed from what I can see.

I may just stick some normal clocks on though!

Ryan.