Buying Diversion

Seagull
This post is 4341 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys. I'm looking for a bit of info i'm looking to buy a second hand diversion xj900 so brings me to my questions what to pay and how many km's is to much

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

No doubt others may have differing opinions.

I had a 97 900 Divi, and I wish I still had it, okay the bike was a bit weighty and it was a bit under braked ( look for steel braided brake pipe kit) but it was easy to maintain, quick enough to get me into trouble, comfortable and easy to ride, once mates on sports bikes swapped with me I couldn’t get them to swap back,

Mine was in unmarked condition with around 40 thousand miles on it and it had never missed a beat, I would expect to see a bike like that for sale in a private sale at about £1100 to £1400 I suppose, I would be looking at well looked after bikes of up to 50 thousand miles, However I would look at higher mileage bikes in exceptional condition, But I have no idea what the Aussie bike market is like money wise,

Aj

Hi Seagull, You might be surprised how far these bikes go before they need anything doing to them, bomb proof engine and simple mechanics mean that you can forget anything except the service intervals, the only thing you really need to worry about is the exhaust system as buying a new one (F*ck that) or a pattern one will set you back an arm and a leg, other than that you will have fun on it, I understand that in Aus the price of bikes is a bit more expensive than anywhere else but just make sure that it has a service history before you part with any money. Take some photos and ask before you buy. good luck mate. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online