I have started

mailee
This post is 4340 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well guys after taking and passing my CBT I have had a couple of lessons on the 500cc machine now and found it easier than I had expected. Being a bit of a lightweight myself (7 1/2 stone wet through) i was a bit worried about man handling the machine but it was surprisingly light and the seat was low enough for me to touch the floor with both feet. I was also a little concerned about how sensitive the throttle would be with being a more powerful machine but needn't have worried as it was pretty docile. The last bikes I rode were British ones back in the seventies which were mostly gutless and I was fearing the worst. Did a few slow manoeuvres and practice stopping and setting off without any problems. I can't wait for the next session now. sorry if this is a bit boring but I just had to tell someone being so excited about it. A kid at Christmas springs to mind. :hyper:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Excellent stuff mate :) Back when I first passed my test I went and bought a Ducati 900 which was a bit of a beast for me being only just 5'8" and I only went about 8 stone back then but i got used to it. Some bikes can be a bit of a problem if you're not the biggest person in the world but most are ok so I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Mailee i remember when i first stepped onto my big bike (long time ago). I had the same fears but like you i found the bigger bike much easier to handle than the under pwered small machine. keep at it you will be fine. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online