86 fz600 wont start, no power to Start button.

philfz600
This post is 4348 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

no power whatsoever to the push to start button.

turn key, pull in clutch, kickstand up, in neutral, push "push to start button" and nothing, no clicking no reaction whatsoever.

new solenoid, new battery, fully charged (problem starter befor these purchases) checked clutch switch, sidestand switch, and neutral switch, all appeared working (cleaned connections anyway) also, sidestand will kill engine when i put it down... in neutral and in gear.

bike will start when i trip solenoid, and the wiring appears correct based on hanes manual.

all 4 fuses are good and making clean connections

possible dif problem?

diode did appear to act up a few days ago but did stop, by acting up i mean when i pulled in clutch in gear the neutral light would come on, and then go off when i released clutch to shift up or down (lever that is). i read a ton of threads trying to track one with my problem and saw a forum or 2 about diode possibly causing this?

lights all work, horn works, turn signal relay will click when clutch is pulled in and side stand relay clicks when kickstand is put up.

sry if this is more info then required or not enough info. lemme know! and thanks in advance!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When you press the starter button does the oil warning light come on?

I had a very similar problem on my diversion (your seca). The wire from the starter button goes to the starter solenoid via a relay located under the seat.

The end of the starter button wire that goes into the relay was corroded so I cleaned up the end and stuck it back in then taped it in place and now it works perfect.

Hope this helps

Mike

no power whatsoever to the push to start button.

turn key, pull in clutch, kickstand up, in neutral, push "push to start button" and nothing, no clicking no reaction whatsoever.

new solenoid, new battery, fully charged (problem starter befor these purchases) checked clutch switch, sidestand switch, and neutral switch, all appeared working (cleaned connections anyway) also, sidestand will kill engine when i put it down... in neutral and in gear.

bike will start when i trip solenoid, and the wiring appears correct based on hanes manual.

all 4 fuses are good and making clean connections

possible dif problem?

diode did appear to act up a few days ago but did stop, by acting up i mean when i pulled in clutch in gear the neutral light would come on, and then go off when i released clutch to shift up or down (lever that is). i read a ton of threads trying to track one with my problem and saw a forum or 2 about diode possibly causing this?

lights all work, horn works, turn signal relay will click when clutch is pulled in and side stand relay clicks when kickstand is put up.

sry if this is more info then required or not enough info. lemme know! and thanks in advance!!

I dont believe that the side stand should kill the engine when in neutral! I would look into the neutral light cct

Ru sure there is no power to the start button?Did you check for power with a multimeter or test light if so then by pass the clutch saftey,side stand switch and netural 1 at a time untill you get power.

Is the turn signal relay flashing when the clutch is pulled in? or was that misstyped because it makes no sence?

fixed the issue, solenoid was wired backwards. but bike still stalls when kickstand goes down even in neutral. currently bypassing the switch until i research that. thx for the support all

Err Its the neutral switch thats the issue...clearly the stand switch works!!

not sure how the neutral switch works, i took the cover off and cleaned the wire that screws into the switch (obv caked with oil and sludge from the chain/sprocket. and took the switch off to reveal the little metal bead... but not sure how to test and fix it.

the neutral switch is just a live connection. its exactly the same as the xs400/RD's.

you may have a relay associated with your though which may be causing the issues.

YBK009.jpg

never had a switch and I have always managed to flip it. I think its some thing that is natural.

now for leaving the ignition keys in the bike and walking off is a different matter.......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online