switching lights to LED

kenDAWG
This post is 4203 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello again people.

im toying with the idea of changing the light setup on the rear of my bike, at the moment its completely standard (dt125r) and the indicators are like fog lights off a mk1 fiesta "there massive" also the rear light and plate bracket look horrible and bulky.

im looking at a tail tidy and some small LED indicators, but with my dt the rear light is part of the plastic plate hanger - ive seen a few dt's where the rear light is on top of mudgaurd where as mine is below and again its massive i think this is to make way for the rack (which i want to keep to strap my jerry can onto for green lainging)

i would like a small slimline rear brake light i can mount under the rear mudgaurd above numberplate

i have no ideas if i need to change anything over to help with voltage or not?

anyone point me in the direction for the rear brake light?

just trying to tone things down so its more minimalistic and not ott....

any advice is welcome

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i was looking to do something similar with my YBR's taillight (not the indicators, they're fine)

i think youll just need to change the light itself, leave the voltage as it is (better to check that the LED cluster is designed for your voltage though) and just add a "dummy load" resistor, so that the electrical resistance of the LED + dummy is about equal to that of your stock bulb(s), to avoid huge current going through the LED and melting the power supply when you hit the brakes for the first time (a complete LED tail construction would probably already have the right resistance, but ive never found one)

hope it helps, and let me know how you manage!

thanks for that, i do belive the led indicators need some kinda resistor to regulate the flash...

ill have to look deeper into this-there are alot of led rear lights but there not be used as single/main light more of a add on to exsisting lights

cheers

ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online