Yamaha ybr 125 value or chain noice help please!!

ryaneeae125
This post is 4272 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am new to this so please bare with me please

I have a 2010 ybr 125 I got it about a year old with 2000 miles on it now I have about 4400 miles. I did the value clearances as they should have been done at 3750 miles say the Haynes manual. I first made a mistake and gaps where far to big. I did again and it was better but not perfect. Then I got the right set of feelers gauges and the did it again it sounds better but not perfect.

I was wondering if it could have something to do with when the person who was hleping accidently turned the engine clockwise not anticlockwise that it tells you to do in Haynes manual so could the cam chain tensioner needs setting up again. PLUS the manual runs out in 2009 so could the valve clearances have changed??

Hope you are still awake lol please help me and can i still ride it thank you :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi ryaneeae. You should post an introduction in the new member section. I'm sure the folks here can help you get it sorted after you introduce yourself. Good luck and :welcome:

It just takes the tension from the chain so the lobes will not be in quite the right place to set the clearances.

One more go turning it the right way will sort it. If it makes you feel any better its always better for the gap to be slightly too big than tight.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online