06 TTR 125 carb question

loudwhat?
This post is 4204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok so i have been doing some looking and research and i have not seen anything that helps. let me start off by saying, i have a 06 ttr 125 that the choke plunger is seized in the carb. now with that said i was just looking for a new carb, well easier said than done. there are not very many out there for the 06 at a reasonable price, however i have found many new 00-04 that are a little different.

my question is.... does anyone know of any reasons that i can not put the 00-04 carb on the 06. i am not an expert when it comes to bikes, but im not stupid either. i was a mechanic for cars, boats, big diesel, and lawn mowers for quite a few years professionally, so if i need to change something or mod it a little i can. but i am not sure if there are the proper amount of ports on the 00-04 carb if the throttle slide will work, or the bore is the same size. if anyone can help me with this my son and i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok I can't directly answer your ? but if it's off a 125 and going on a 125 then no reason why It won't work.

But here's your best bet for getting the right answer Go to new members section and post a hello ppl here are sticklers for that.

Then one of the member who can pull up spec's might cross ref them for you.