Clutch slip after doing cone weave course

Kaapie
This post is 4335 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I am new to chat room as well to motorcycles. I have a problem hopefully someone can give some guidance on. I was using my cruiser to do the license test and it requires slow movements using clutch and rear brake. All was good at start clutch in good position and working well, but after test I noticed clutch taking right at top end, if that term makes sense, and when accelerating it was slipping. Almost the take point had moved to immediate depression of the clutch handle, even maybe being engaged a bit when handle released. Not sure if there is possibly damage or is all I need to do is make adjustments to cable tension near clutch handle. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You may want to post an introduction here http://yamahaclub.com/forums/forum/48-new-members/ you will then get some answers.

And then check the cable adjuster at the lever to make sure its not loose, if it is it may have moved causing the cable to be too tight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online