197? 198? Yamaha 125 wont rev

KIA
This post is 4350 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, I recently purchased an older late 70's early 80's yamaha 125 id tag has been worn down over the years and too faded to read so dont know exact year or model, when purchased was told it was and 1980 tt 175 but thats way off lol turns out it a 125, i bought it non running after some tinkering found that the top piston ring was stuck in the piston and not sealing very well, I freed it up and got good compression and got it running but when you open throttle revs up a bit but seem like hitting a rev limiter and can barley move me in first if i try to ride it, carb looks great but cleaned it anyway but now of the adjusting screws do anything i can even pull both right out while its running and no change will sit and idle the same even choke doesnt really seem to change anything either. reeds look good, has new plug, and is running points and has bright blue spark. not sure what to check next, bike starts first or second kick and idles. I must be over looking something simple.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First post questions dont get a good response generally. Sounds to me like the ig adv is not opperating properly.

Pop an introduction in the new members area and plenty of folk will help.

The late 70's early 80's bikes are very popular on here. Plenty ofowners. I have had mine for 25years.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online