tzr50 wont rev but idles fine, bogs/dies at 5 or 6k, with video!

thesickness
This post is 4162 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Even if you can't zero the multimeter your working with you can subtract the value of the leads from the final reading,my dvom self zeros ,but my last set of leads read 35 ohms resistance before I replaced them.Mind I use my meter everyday alot.

I have seen alot of good parts changed because of faulty readings,people not accounting for temp varraition. most readings should be performed at 20c and a varriance of 10 % is normal between 2 identical parts.So 660 is not that far from 700 ..40ohms -10 ohms for leads and your at 670 temp vary and that could easly be another 10 ohms 680 add the 10% and your at 700 give or take.

I would be inclined to teast it at the farthest point IE the voltage reg,computer,coil and see if the wireing is to be at fault.Aswell I would check the coil.Most stator problems cause hard starting problems long before they start giving high rmp problems,just by the nature of the beast the faster it spins the more out put it has.So generaly speaking if it's a low rpm problem stator,,high rpm problem bad ign coil.

Iam not saying the stator is goodjust that I would inspect everything else firstHT cap Ign coil and related wireing befor condeming a stator that is very close to the book value.

• 1 month later...

Got the bike revving, Thanks All! And the culprit was.................................

.................Cdi coil!

Fitted a new one and the bike revs happily now. Really got some enthusiasm now to carry on and finish the project :icon_smile:

it is defo a kick in the knackers when something crops up and all you want to do it get on with the rebuild project i got stuck for months with my old 1992 nsr i ended up selling it becuase i lost the drive and passion...

keep the faith and get stuck in, you will be happy at the end of it knowing it was you who got her running again!!

get some pics up people like to see what there helping you with.

good luck

ken

Yes I will get some pics up, good idea. Like I said earlier thanks for all the help, it's been a whole learning curve but in a short I almost feel I know the bike inside out. I have decided to keep the bike for myself after all the work I've put in, I'm going to be the fastest 50cc kid in the town aged 40 :eusa_drool:

Yes I will get some pics up, good idea. Like I said earlier thanks for all the help, it's been a whole learning curve but in a short I almost feel I know the bike inside out. I have decided to keep the bike for myself after all the work I've put in, I'm going to be the fastest 50cc kid in the town aged 40 :eusa_drool:

:D:lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online