wing man for green laining? northumberland!

kenDAWG
This post is 4204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey up lads

am after a wing man for some green lainging summer time, i have no mates with road legal bikes although one of them is looking into a quad bike but nothing has come of it yet.

there are some green lains near me (blaydon area, newcastle) just looking to see if there is any members on here with same situation? or members who ride these lanes already?

the lanes i am on about are near a quarry called "lady cross quarry" and i have heard they go a fair few miles...

no worries if there isnt anyone on here ill just go by myself cos im a loner :(

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well it would seam there are no green laners in your local area, i am in very much the same position but im in north wales, i only know a few people with road legal bike and they are strictly road bikes. I am even further restricted as i have a 125cc bike and therefore cruising speed on open road is ideally about 50mph so i would imagine alot of people would be pretty pissed having to go slower (much slower in guessing?) then normal ;) . mind you i haven't been doing anything too extreme as i currently have supermoto wheels on the bike (enduro ones are en route!). that being said i have only found a few roads that i haven't been able to travel on at all, as you can do most round here on SM tires but really damn slow LOL)

Just remember to let people know where you will be going (at least vaguely) so if anything happens they will know where to come looking. if anything happens there will be no one with you to let others know/get help or whatever. so dont do anything too crazy, just pointing out it really isn't a good idea greenlaning on your own, be safe :)