Free first-aid info now at hand

drewpy
This post is 4354 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

new first-aid device which could help save bikers’ lives is now available free in the north west of England...

The air- and water-tight tube contains a card where riders can store vital information about medication, allergies and medical history, along with their personal details. This means paramedic crews at the scene have immediate access to a rider’s medical needs, and it’s information which could prove vital in those first few minutes after an accident.

Based on the Crash Card concept created by the Ambulance Motorcycle Club, the Mediform Tube is available free in the North West to riders. The tube comes with a green self-adhesive key shaped sticker, which should be placed on the right side of a helmet to notify attending medical staff. The tube is then attached to the key ring on the bike.

For information about how to get one and a list of dealerships, visit www.ridesafebacksafe.co.uk/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've started wearing a u-tag ICE (In Case of Emergency), basically a heavy duty memorystick. It cost me £25, so not cheap, but worth it 'cos I'm on a lot of prescription drugs for a heart condition. It has fields for allergies, pre-existing conditions, next of kin contact details, doctors name and address etc.

http://www.utagice.com/ for more info

new first-aid device which could help save bikers’ lives is now available free in the north west of England...

The air- and water-tight tube contains a card where riders can store vital information about medication, allergies and medical history, along with their personal details. This means paramedic crews at the scene have immediate access to a rider’s medical needs, and it’s information which could prove vital in those first few minutes after an accident.

Based on the Crash Card concept created by the Ambulance Motorcycle Club, the Mediform Tube is available free in the North West to riders. The tube comes with a green self-adhesive key shaped sticker, which should be placed on the right side of a helmet to notify attending medical staff. The tube is then attached to the key ring on the bike.

For information about how to get one and a list of dealerships, visit www.ridesafebacksafe.co.uk/

your link isnt working, can you fix it? would certainly be worth having, 'specially if its free!

So I can have a tube and a helmet sticker, an ICE flash drive necklace, ICE in my mobile phone, another helmet sticker, a card on my keys and Biker Tagz, as well as my normal set of tags...

So what, if any, details do paramedics actually need?

Those I've spoken to say "nothing" as their sole purpose is just to stabilise you at scene and get you to A&E asap.

A&E onwards is where any additional info carried is more useful, it seems, even if it's just NOK's contact details.

But with so many different incentives, all of whom insist are the standard info form in standard locations, how will anyone at A&E know where to look, unless we all carry all of them?

Oh, and apparently A&E won't trust such devices anyway, preferring to test stuff like Blood Group themselves and find out that way...!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online