Please help! Ignitor unit for pre diversion XJ600

bencowell09
This post is 4352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

*Apologies if anyone has seen this posted in the bar. It's just that I'm new at all this and didnt realise that there was the workshop for these type of issues*

Hi all

I recently purchased my first bike, a pre diversion XJ600, and am very keen to get riding! That being said, the bike had been sitting in a garage for a while and it now doesnt want to start. I've checked the electrics and I'm pretty sure that the ignitor unit needs replacing. I've been calling breakers and checking online but cant seem to find a replacement one.

The specific model I'm looking for is a TID14 - 78. I dont suppose anyone has one spare they'd be willing to sell or knows where I can get hold of one? Also, is there maybe another model of ignitor unit that would work on my bike?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Theres loads on ebay is yours different...whats TID14-78?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a793f2d7a

Tid =transistor ignition discharge vs Cdi capisitor... So im guessing thats the part # on the unit

Search around in old workshop posts someone rebuilt thiers and gave quite a detailed post.I think it might even have been a 600 unit?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online