YBR clock light problem

paul-666
This post is 4335 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all I have a problem with the lights on my clocks on my 2007 ybr 125 the thing is the speedo and rev counter lights do not work but the fuel light still works fine I have looked at the bulbs and they look fine to me but they just don't work there are no loose wire that I can see. I would chane the bulbs just to see if its that but cant find them any where or even what kind of bulb they are ( as I'm a noob with bikes lol) can any one point me in the right direction plz

any ideas would be great as it has me stumped !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye paul " it will prob be bulbs, search ebay, 12volt instrument bulbs,, look on old ones , to see if 3Watt or whatever ,, i take ir ybr are 12 volt, :eusa_think:

my leftmost clock bulb went one day (YBR 125, 2011 model), but it was fine by the next, rather strange, maybe its just loose connections and you just need a little tinkering/jiggling

• 3 weeks later...

cant you try the duff bulbs in the known good fuel light socket?

just had it all to bits to find that the light on the fuel gage is a difrent size to the speedo and all it says on the bulb is ZM 12V 1.7W but the when I type it in to ebay it comes up with nothing in the search but if I type in 12v 1.7w it comes up with a few but I'm not to sure on if its the coret fitting http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330799295865?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619 they look the same as the ones I need but not to sure on what the ZM ment ??? And for the smaller bulbs for the indicators etc on the display the bulb only has this printed on it and it has me well confused (VCH D8P 12/1 21 12V ) any Ideas on what they actually could be ???

Zm is most likely the manufacture's own code ie zenith, as i call them peanut bulbs are all the same if the bulb will fit the then it will work,possibly someone changed the fuel one with one that was avaible.These bulbs are used in cars for door lights and hatch lights. Don't know if you own a car but if you do try poping one out

I don't know how you guys over that side of the pond get along without a auto parts store,this whole buying everthing by post is BS. every bulb that a bike uses is avaible from them.Crikey we have them all over the place you could practily burn out a bulb every mile and grab another one all the way home even the gas stations carry them and every auto shop has them in stock. Personaly I go to the auto wreckers and grab a few hand full of bulbs yearly every shape and size normaly the don't even charge me for them when I buy something else.

Hell even wall mart carry the bulbs

Zm is most likely the manufacture's own code ie zenith, as i call them peanut bulbs are all the same if the bulb will fit the then it will work,possibly someone changed the fuel one with one that was avaible.These bulbs are used in cars for door lights and hatch lights. Don't know if you own a car but if you do try poping one out

I don't know how you guys over that side of the pond get along without a auto parts store,this whole buying everthing by post is BS. every bulb that a bike uses is avaible from them.Crikey we have them all over the place you could practily burn out a bulb every mile and grab another one all the way home even the gas stations carry them and every auto shop has them in stock. Personaly I go to the auto wreckers and grab a few hand full of bulbs yearly every shape and size normaly the don't even charge me for them when I buy something else.

Hell even wall mart carry the bulbs

cheers for the info mate I went to the local auto shop they had one size bulb but the smaller one they had never seen before and said go to a main deeler for the part and I bet it wont be £2.99 for two bulbs from there lol

I went to the local auto shop they had one size bulb but the smaller one they had never seen before

Thats typical of our stores, you gotta luv the USA,/canada infa-structure, you can buy any thin , at any time of day/night, :yeah: = :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online