Carb woes,

This post is 4357 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right so after owning a dt for a mere few days and having ti heat seize on me i have now had it rebored to first oversize and new piston rings little end to match.

Fitted it all and it ran seeme fine a bit smokey but i put that down to me putting a liltle extra oil in.

Let it warm up then cooled it doen then let it warm again and cool down again, then left it running so i could get my helmet just as i was walking back to the bike it stopped.

I couldnt get it to re start no matter how much i kicked it over, choke in or out,

I took plug out and checked for spark good spark there.

checekd pv and everything else all seemed ok .

removed carb cleaned and put back still no joy.

the only thing i dont like is the mix screw is broken some one has rounded the top of .

so it hard for me to test by putting back to factory but seeing as the bike ran fine on this carb before i cant see why it needs readjusting.

grabbed the carb of my gilera runner 125 4t and wiggled it on now the bike would start be very smokey but at least it ran.

Now the carb on my dt is the mikuni one flastside i beleive 26 mm.

can i find a rebuild kit for it .... no.

I cant even find a replacement carb.

Anyone know what sort of other carb i can get that will fit straight on but i guess will also need a jetting kit to suit.

I feel like giving up and selling the bike for a loss.

and getting something else im at my wits end i bought this so i could get to and from work on but havent been able to do this even once and im quite out of pocket now.

FML!

Cheers for all you help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can put a 28mm flat slide on.I have heard that some have gone as big as 30mm

But a carb is just a hunk of mettal with holes,try taking a hacksaw and cutting a new slot in the mixture screw, even if you have to cut part of the carb body it wont hurt.Then you can adjust it

Have another look at the carb it must have sum crap in one of the passages or float height is wrong,make sure you blow every passage with compressed air and every one is clear.As it worked before and after so it will work again if you figure out whats not right.

As for a rebuild kit why do you need one ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online