New from Utah, USA

teledan
This post is 4223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everybody! My name is Dan and I live in Utah. I currently have an 81 XT500 and an 81 XT250 (my wife's bike). I am working on doing sort of a cafe style bike with my XT500. I just put on a new mikuni VM36 carb and am working on the exhaust now. I am in the middle of converting it to 12v lighting as well. I am going to use fork tubes from an XS750 to have a disc brake up front. I will probably convert the XT250 to 12v as well this winter. Thanks for having me!

-Dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Dan and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a cool project going on there - share pics!

Thanks! Here is a link to my album:

http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/ss319/teledan/My%20XT500/

And here are a bunch of SR/XT/TT inspiration pics I have gathered:

http://s587.photobucket.com/albums/ss319/teledan/Motorcycles/Yam%20500/

I am going to try to make my own seat/tail section and I will be running some low superbike bars. I just got the new carb on and I haven't had a chance to mess with it at all yet. I can tell it is running rich but I can also tell that it is going to make a huge difference already! I am a college student and I work full time so it has been a very slow process but I hope to get some time in the next week or two to finish up the exhaust.

:welcome: aboard from a neighbor to the north.

:welcome: aboard from a neighbor to the north.

What do you mean S?, North of where? Or am I being ignorant of the States?

If we say North in England we mean either Scotland or the North Pole.

What do you mean S?, North of where? Or am I being ignorant of the States?

If we say North in England we mean either Scotland or the North Pole.

:biglaugha: not that far... I'm in Idaho and it's the state above Utah.

Welcome to the forum!

I'd love to get out your way, specifically to Moab - Not only did they film several of my favourite films there, but I wanna try some of the INSANE-looking off-road stuff they do and maybe buy me one of them manic-styled 4x4 trucks! :D

I saw an evil-looking 1983 Dodge Ramcharger once, which is what captured me. Couple of great-looking 6-wheeler conversions, hi-lift and all sorts, rolled over at about 75-80º, still crawling along and with approach and departure angles that would make a Range Rover shit it's pants!!