speedo cable snapped ? Grating noise from front 96 XJ600S

northerner
This post is 4355 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On the way to work this morning, I heard a grating noise from the front wheel area that got louder during the 30 miles. Had a visual check but could not find anything. Spun the front wheel over but didnt feel like bearings. On the way home the noise got even louder to I pulled over and again could not find anything wrong. I jumped back on to move to a petrol station and then realised the noise went and now the speedo does not move. I havent had time to take it apart but I assume its the cable ??? Are these a common issue on the divvy? Can it have damaged anything else? Thanks for any replies

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like the cable seized and was winding up in the casing and then snapped!

they do need oiling from time to time

had that happen on my pre-div, good indication is to disconnect the cable assembly at one end and gently pull the inner spring out, if it comes out then its snapped, easy to find a replacement and easy to fit

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online