Yamaha Dtx125 vmax 90km/h

emilz23
This post is 4352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, in start of summer i bought used Yamaha dt125x 2stroke, i was fun driving around & stuff, but now, when i'm reading, that this little bike must go to 120-130km/h, now i'm confusing about my 90km/h vmax.

My bike specs :

Mark : Yamaha

Model : DT125x

Year : 2006

What i have done - in this summer i bought new crankshalf, destructed rev-limiter. I have HGS pipe and DOMA silencer.

One of my mate says, that i have to clean carurator. If i clean it, my little bike will go to 120km/h?

Thanks.

P.s. and i forgot, i disable my oil pump, now i mix 1:40 ...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm not sure of the top speed on your bike, but I'm willing to bet it's been highly discussed before... check out Also, you're likely to get a better response from the folks here if you post an introduction in the new member section (see ).

:welcome:

does your power valve open fully emilz?

when you first turn on the key the PV should make a noise zzzt zzzt (the cleaning cycle) then come to rest with the notch in the pulley aligned with the 4mm hole in the cylinder. At this point if you take off the exhaust pipe the PV should be fully open, see the top of the exhaust port...it should be totally flat with the PV...

Yep it does that sound - i like it (i always thought that was CDI :) ) ... gmh - this is that Power Valve (PV) - http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/M8Hzs9HUxOY/mqdefault.jpg ?

Give me some tutorial - and try to explain simply, because my english, as i sad, isnt so good, and im not understand many words ... ;)

But, yea it does that sound. How do i try if its fully open?

That's nothing Emilt, soon I will be going to see the BAY CITY ROLLERS Whoooooah!!!!

P.s. Hi and i checked ;) thx

You're most welcome. Sounds like you'll have it sorted in no time.

:welcome:

Well did you fit a bigger main jet in the carburettor...what size is in there right now?...with that new exhaust I would fit a bigger one

also there is a wire connected to the CDI that will require earthing to the chassis or battery negative, this wire goes to one of the plugs at the speedo, it is black/green ...make a connection from this wire to chassis. This should have great effect.

Dont forget though...fit a bigger jet in the carb or you will be back with photos of a melted piston! :eusa_whistle:

I have destructed that wire ... i dont know what size is that main jet in carb!

It may be 210, you will only know by checking it, try a bigger one but I dont know how much bigger...I would try a 230 or 240 it's better to be too big than too small!

And one spec says, that i need to chenge piston and rings soon, is that can be problem?

???

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online