my new bike

boon
This post is 4364 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had a great summer with the thunderace but the old neck and back didn't agree with the riding position so she had to go. Now i've got a 2000 fzs600 fazer, comfy and nimble, with the added bonus of ....heated grips! roll on winter, i'm ready for you now lol. She also has a hugger fitted and a scottoiler, gonna get some braided brake lines and maybe a stainless header for the exhaust, (painted steel wont last the salty winter too well, methinks) Are there any known problems i should look out for? Let me know plz, ta

2012-10-06152801_zps5372ef7b.jpg

2012-10-06152740_zpsfc79364f.jpg

2012-10-06152645_zpsbb0fbb6e.jpg

2012-10-06152625_zpsa013827e.jpg

2012-10-06152616_zps002e1c83.jpg

2012-10-06152823_zps839272d2.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanks grouch, will obv miss the power of the ace but will be able to do more miles in comfort :icon_smile:

cheers airhead, ticks a lot of boxes

Might try that acf50? It's been getting good write ups.

Good choice boon" Pat[ 2wheels] has fazer6, i rode it on our tour,, smooth as silk, great brakes,, :thumb:

Thanks Blackhat, I fancied one since 2008, after touring Europe on my FZR600R, pulling into the ferry port at Imjuden and saw a couple of them in the queue. Thought to myself ''that's got similar power and comfy riding position, mmmm'' The brakes ARE good, i upgraded the fzr's to fazer calipers, when the old ones were too far gone. Think i'll still have to use my throwover panniers, due to exhaust position, but hey ho, they've done me proud so far :). BTW Those roll-top canoe bags are miles better than bin bags!

Might try that acf50? It's been getting good write ups.

It's great stuff, I've just blathered my bike in it. People think it's expensive, but really it's not because you only need a little bit. A £13 spray tin will last ages.

acf on the shopping list then :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online