Cooling Fan Temp ?

barnesy1977
This post is 6491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. First post....

I've just recently bought a Yammy YZF T/Cat, and naturally I've been cruising around on it today in the sweltering heat. But whilst waiting in a traffic queue for around 10 mins my temperature gauge was creeping up and hit around 98 deg cel. The cooling fan had not and did not come on, and so I turned the engine off for good measure. The red 'danger' area on the gauge is quite a way off 100 deg cel, but I thought it unusual that the fan had not come on at 98 ??

Does anybody know what temperature it should kick in ? The bike is in v good condition, well looked after and and was serviced just 1000 miles ago. I've looked through the manuals but it doesn't mention it

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As the water is pressurised it will boil at a temp OVER 100ºC. For example, my Honda NS400R has a fan that doesn't kick in until 107ºC if the manual is to be believed. No idea what temp yours kicks in at though.

• Admin

If your worried change the fan switch for one that comes on earlier, but my YZF used to get around 100 degrees before it switched on, they do run quite hot

• 1 year later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online