Pinlock Visor maintenance

Grover
This post is 4384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my pinlock visor was due a maintenance (fogging around the edges of the insert on the main visor). i have a Nolan N85 that came ready-fitted with the pinlock, and i haven't fiddled with it since i bought it (ive removed the whole visor to clean it, but thats all

my attempt at cleaning and refitting the insert will get its test tomorrow, but ive also noticed that the insert is touching the main visor (not the silicon edging), which would cause the temperature difference, aiding anti fogging, to be reduced, as the cold from the outside can come straight across, without having to move across the air gap as well. i guess that this isnt normal, but is it something to worry about? or can i just ignore it.

either way, is there any way to fix the problem, so that the insert works at its best again?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well, taking the visor out and putting it back it seems fine, but when it gets cold, the differential movement can make the two touch, and after a few minutes the insert starts to fog (not too much of a problem for me, since my glasses fog up anyway when i stop

its not a huge deal, i just didnt want to break my visor or insert coz i didnt know what i was doing, and the Nolan instructions that came with the lid weren't too helpful either

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online