Redundant Loom Plug?

Grouch
This post is 4378 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

On Tuesday I am finally getting a new speedo fitted to my pride and joy. I am going to take the original speedo off myself, my problem is......... What shall I do with the plug connected to the loom which will no longer be of use? Shall I cover it in tape? And how will this affect all the other electrics?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No the speedo has all that and it has it's own seperate power supply, it connects to the battery. This is the one I have bought. A garage is fitting it. I just wondered what will happen to the plug.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Trail-Tech-Vapor-Digital-Speedo-Dashboard-Stealth-Motorcycle-Universal-/140842979969?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item20cae55281

if it comes with its own sensors they will probably leave the wiring in the loom, in which case stick some tape over the plug and it will be fine, that way you can use the original clocks again if you need to, i find it odd however that they would wire in its own sensors rather than taking feeds from the bikes original sensors, just creating more work really

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online