Gas coming from Airbox

unicorncomputer
This post is 4384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am new to motorcycles(licensed July 2012) and have recently purchased a 79 XS1100 Special(June 2012)

I have been riding regularly since Mid July, 100-200 miles a week.

Just the other day, I went to start my bike and it was hard to turn over and then gas came out of the Airbox.

I was told that I needed to clean the carbs. I removed them and got some help cleaning them. They were pretty clean to start with.

Put everything back together, but I am still getting gas coming from my airbox when I try to start it if I leave it overnight.

Any ideas?

Could my petcock(s) be leaking?

I have noticed that the OCTY is missing from my bike.

Thank you in advance,

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question. Others here will have a better idea. But I'll suggest that you post an intro in the new member section (). :):welcome: aboard!

I'll bite what is a OCTY?

Your petcocks are vaccume opened I belive so if you pull the fuel line off no gas should flow from the tank when it's not running.

More likely is that the needle and seat in the carb are worn out so the float can't close the fuel from entering th bowl when full, or the float height is to low. or you have a float that has a hole in it and don't float anymore.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online