Yamaha DT 125 R '89 Chain conversion from 428 to 520

zimbobrad
This post is 4384 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi peeps,

I've recently been researching about doing a 520 chain conversion to my Dt but need some help.

As I'm sure most already know the DT's run a 428 by 134L but changing the pitch to 520 changes the amount of links I'm able to have.

The 520 renthal chain has 124 links at the most and was wondering if this would be ok to put on my bike with out altering it too much?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zimbo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't bother it's a heaver chain and you will loose rear wheel hp by going that way. If anything put a 420 chain and sprockets on

Don't bother it's a heaver chain and you will loose rear wheel hp by going that way. If anything put a 420 chain and sprockets on

Thanks for the advice, the main reason I want to convert it to 520 is the heavy chain which is more durable and also the factor that I want it to all be renthal but I can not find 420/428 sprockets...

Know where I can buy some?

thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online