Hey! Motad Full Exhaust 125 YBR

Cemsahil
This post is 4223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Forum, I'm Cem and new here!

I was just wondering if anybody has come across this exhaust system, as I need to replace my stock one from breakage, and was wondering if I should just get another stock one, or pay a little extra for the Motad...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Cemsaahil,

Welcome to YOC.

£210 motad complete SS;

http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Yamaha/YBR_125_Fuel_Injection/07-09/

you'll need to change the year for the year of your bike.

For extra £40 i bought this;

http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/c/545/YBR125.html

The one i bought has no cat, if you want a cat email and ask.

You can see GPR Exhaust here;

Good luck Cem, enjoy the YBR!

Hi Cem,

'Cat. = Catalytic converter, it makes exhaust emissions cleaner.

The Exhaust i bought has 1 removable dB killer, it fits in the pipe where it joins the can. If you look closely you can see the springs that secure

the pipe to the can (Silencer).

Mine doesn't have a 2nd dB killer at the end of the can, where the fumes come out, unlike the 1 in the vid above.

To remove my dB killer, i need to unbolt can (silencer), and the jubilee clip that secures the down pipe to the 2nd pipe.

Then undo the springs that hold the pipe to the can and slide it off.

Inside the can where that pipe fits into, is where the dB killer is, it's a cone shape that drops in/out.

I'm not sure about the fit for a 06 plate, you could send them an email to check.

So far, i'm pretty pleased with my GPR, although i would like a cat for it. I'm waiting to hear if they can get me 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just purchased the GPR exhaust for my XT125R and it was a doddle to fit as it just slipped on to the down-pipe so i don't need to replace the cat, it's unfortunate that yours is different. Definately worth considering if you want to make your sound a bit beefier.... mines never sounded better!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online