Old 250 Enduro

Eric Paulsen
This post is 7047 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello out there. I recently rescued an old 250 Enduro and am curious as to what year it is and if I wasted my time hauling it home or if there is activity out there. I know next to nothing about motorcycles, but know this one was pretty neat when I was a lot younger. The number stamped in the frame is DT1F-161889 (the last three numbers could be .....339?!?). It kicks over nicely and I was told it was running when last parked. What year would it be and would there be interest in it out there? I have no long term plans for it.

Thanks for the help.

Eric Paulsen

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds like an early to mid 70's DT250, Eric ;)

I used to have a 73 DT125 that I bought for 150 bucks B) ....Great little bike!

Check if there's a Manufacturing Date somwhere near that stamped frame number......If you found it up high near the fuel tank....That'll tell ya what year it is ;)

Just change the spark plug.....

Check the interior condition of the fuel tank......if rusty, you can remove it & rinse it out with some deisel fuel to get rid of some of that ;)

Then add fresh fuel.....

charge the battery or maybe replace it depending the bike's condition?

....& then start kickin'! :) ...to see if there's any life left in it.

Hope this Helps.....

BTW.....I almost forgot :blush:

:welcome: to the Forum! B)

Sounds like an early to mid 70's DT250, Eric ;)

I used to have a 73 DT125 that I bought for 150 bucks B) ....Great little bike!

Check if there's a Manufacturing Date somwhere near that stamped frame number......If you found it up high near the fuel tank....That'll tell ya what year it is ;)

Just change the spark plug.....

Check the interior condition of the fuel tank......if rusty, you can remove it & rinse it out with some deisel fuel to get rid of some of that ;)

Then add fresh fuel.....

charge the battery or maybe replace it depending the bike's condition?

....& then start kickin'! :) ...to see if there's any life left in it.

Hope this Helps.....

BTW.....I almost forgot :blush:

:welcome:  to the Forum!  B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online