Yamaha XS 1100 missing cylinder 3...

othel
This post is 4397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all you bikers

I am new here

I have a problem with cylinder 3 that wont run, temp on exhaust manifold is aprox. 60degree C and the other ones are 300degree C. I have tried to clean the carbs, swobbed the ignition cables 2 to 3, swobbed the sparkplugs.... when I look down in the sparkplug hole I can see gasoline on the piston... I asumed that when cylinder 2 has a spark then cylinder 3 also would have...

Hope that anyone of you can help me

Thanks..

Regards Henrik :shakeno:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Sorry for your bike problems, If you have proven that the, Spark plug ,Coils, Ht leads and most aspects of the ignition are all functioning by swapping them with known serviceable components, and you have ruled out silly things like blockages in the number 3 cylinder air cleaner to carburettor inlet tract then I suppose you are left with looking at whether the cylinder is obtaining full compression, have you tried a compression test?

hope you can pinpoint the failure soon,

Re-post your question in the work shop area, it is a better place to start the thread.

Aj

:welcome: to the YOC.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online