RIP to my baby

gizmo666
This post is 4388 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear that. :( I'd be pissed if my baby were totalled. Glad you're okay though!

Glad you are OK and what a shame, looks (looked) a nice bike, what was the actual damage?

Its always a double shame with write off's, as most of the time the reason they can't be fixed is because the spares are so expensive, and because of previous write off's being scrapped rather than dismantled there are no cheap spares.

I have been looking for a replacement locking fuel cap for mine as the lock don't work and Yamaha want around 10-20% of the price I paid for the bike for one, so its easy to understand how easy they write them off.

Sorry to hear that Gizzy! at least your hear to tell the tail and not a member of the statistics club.

My bikes for sale buy the way :biglaugha:

Thats bad news Gizmo. Are you OK? You dont say if your hurt or not.

I know how you feel, I lost my Dragstar earlier this year as a write off. I explored the option of buying it back and repairing it myself, or splitting it and selling the parts on EBay. Trouble was the parts I wanted for repairing were too expensive/not available second hand, and the parts I could have sold for good money were wrecked. Neither option was viable.

Chin up mate

i didnt escape damage

i got a fractured ankle with a talar shift which is pinned together

broken knee

fractured eye socket and cheekbone

my missus got heavy spraining and muscle damage

was going camping and as we were going round a corner the front wheel hit a rock on the road and we went into the rear wheels of an artic coming the other way

near enough the whole front end of the bike got it as well as the whole left hand side from the rebound lol

on a plus side tho' we held up about 30 miles of the a82 for a couple of hours lol

Damn! Sorry to hear that... but still glad it was the bike that's a write off and not you and your wife!

i didnt escape damage

broken knee

was going camping and as we were going round a corner the front wheel hit a rock on the road and we went into the rear wheels of an artic coming the other way

near enough the whole front end of the bike got it as well as the whole left hand side from the rebound lol

on a plus side tho' we held up about 30 miles of the a82 for a couple of hours lol

Holy crap glad your alive don't wory about the bike they can be rebuilt, take a week or 20 to re think it all before authorizing anything

i didnt escape damage

broken knee

That's shocking! its absolute wank what you find in the road, bout 2-3 months ago i went round a corner and some dick had laid sand all over the road i near on lost the front wheel.

As said before, glad you are both still breathing and not smeared all over the trucks mud guard. And try not to dwell on it as it will drive you mad, laugh it off and crack on living your life after all you are still alive. Don't bother thinking about the "what ifs" and all that as it wasn't yours or the wife's time just a small blip in the road.

Today is here, yesterday has gone and tomorrow has yet to arrive.

thanks folks

i'll be a long time healing and the biking season's about over this year(not that i ever gave a dam about that after all skins watertight haha)

so i got plenty time to consider options

but

i miss riding already lol

well thats it all over for my bike

insurance paid out and the docs are away to them

so if your down south around scunthorpe area and you see a dragster with the reg s107 att up for salvage let me know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online