Shock uprate

PHATTANGLO
This post is 6894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings from a newbie. I'm about to get a Thundercat and I would like to ask you guys if they know the colour code for it.

It is a 1987 model which is burgundy in colour, this looks to be original rather than a re-spray and I havn't seen another cat this colour.

the reason I'm asking is because it doesn't have a hugger and when I get one I want it to match.

I would also like to ask if it is possible to get a stronger spring for the rear shock, the shock is in good condition but being a fat b*$"ard no amount of preload is going to get the sag right from what I've read in other threads.

Thanx in anticipation. Kev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1987 thundercat :P u sure its not 1997 ;)

cant recall Yam doing a burgundy cat, they did a burgundy FZR in '95 B)

• 2 weeks later...

Oops yes 1996, unfortunately the deal fell through but I'm getting the red and black 97 cat now.

Not a bad deal my 1989 Suzi GSX750F + 300 notes and I reckon about another 200 to replace a few broken bits, so a 97 Cat 20k on the clock for about £1200.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online