My XT Latest Pics

Grouch
This post is 4181 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

By the sounds of it , your XT will handle it, as for acceleration, ,you"l be pleasantly surprized, headwind will be your biggest enemy,

As small cc bikes Struggle , on normal gearing, you Mpg will improve too, :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow, looks great without the mirrors, nice work! Love the hand guards, I'm thinking of investing in them myself now lol.

I noticed your front L plate, is it me or are the edges trimmed? I would be a bit cautioned if they are. A copper on a bad day could use that to slap you with 3 points or 6 if your back L plate isn't "standard" either. Lucky it wasn't spotted after you were fine-toothed during your last encounter.

...........I noticed your front L plate, is it me or are the edges trimmed? I would be a bit cautioned if they are. A copper on a bad day could use that to slap you with 3 points or 6 if your back L plate isn't "standard" either. Lucky it wasn't spotted after you were fine-toothed during your last encounter.

Eee when i were a lad we used to wrap em round the fork leg Ha!

Ha, I think I've spotted one bike that had em wrapped around the fork, just asking for trouble lol.

Grouch, would it be possible to get another close up of where you attached your hand guards please? I'm thinking of getting the white version of that but I'm not sure if I'll be able to attach the left one because my heated grips controller has taken up the space :(

Ha, I think I've spotted one bike that had em wrapped around the fork, just asking for trouble lol.

Grouch, would it be possible to get another close up of where you attached your hand guards please? I'm thinking of getting the white version of that but I'm not sure if I'll be able to attach the left one because my heated grips controller has taken up the space :(

My hand guards just about fit and it is tight as fuck! The L Plate has been trimmed but it will be fine, nothing a bit of diplomacy won't be able

to resolve. I took the mirrors off because they were shit and were more of a danger than an aid. Also I want my bike to look more of a supermoto/crosser.

Welshwan, I have my bike booked into the garage for the 23rd but I just told them to put a Renthal chain and sprocket kit on it. I might phone them on Monday and go down a tooth for acceleration.

Wow, looks great without the mirrors, nice work! Love the hand guards, I'm thinking of investing in them myself now lol.

I noticed your front L plate, is it me or are the edges trimmed? I would be a bit cautioned if they are. A copper on a bad day could use that to slap you with 3 points or 6 if your back L plate isn't "standard" either. Lucky it wasn't spotted after you were fine-toothed during your last encounter.

There's nothing wrong with my rear L Plate, what is up with it?

Welshwan, I have my bike booked into the garage for the 23rd but I just told them to put a Renthal chain and sprocket kit on it. I might phone them on Monday and go down a tooth for acceleration.

Do let me know how that effect the acceleration but also the top end please matey? :)

oh yeah do you have a rear reflector on your bike? and if so where is it, as i'm going to be doing my mod one on my own bike and don't want to be denied a chance to even try the test due to not having a reflector thanks

There's nothing wrong with my rear L Plate, what is up with it?

Didn't say anything was wrong with it lol. I said if they aren't standard, you could end up with 6 points in total. Legally speaking, it shouldn't be flapping around like yours probably do when riding, but you'd need to be some Judge Dredd cop to realise that.

//Edit

I took the mirrors off because they were shit and were more of a danger than an aid. Also I want my bike to look more of a supermoto/crosser.

Not sure if I agree with this. You would ideally want to know what's behind you at all times possible and when an emergency arise you would be able to plan your actions safely without being rear ended. I'm not sure how you would be able to do that without mirrors because a life saver/shoulder check would probably make it worse because you have less time to react to what's in front. It's also a good idea to check your mirrors as you approach traffic lights, junctions and generally check them at intervals when riding. Granted it does look a lot more sexier without them, to each to their own I guess :P

If you dont like mirrors, get some like i used to use. Zefal spy mirros, were suprisingly good for their size and definitely safer than not having any! Just my opinion but you should have mirrors.

IMG_0024.jpg

Didn't say anything was wrong with it lol. I said if they aren't standard, you could end up with 6 points in total. Legally speaking, it shouldn't be flapping around like yours probably do when riding, but you'd need to be some Judge Dredd cop to realise that.

//Edit

Not sure if I agree with this. You would ideally want to know what's behind you at all times possible and when an emergency arise you would be able to plan your actions safely without being rear ended. I'm not sure how you would be able to do that without mirrors because a life saver/shoulder check would probably make it worse because you have less time to react to what's in front. It's also a good idea to check your mirrors as you approach traffic lights, junctions and generally check them at intervals when riding. Granted it does look a lot more sexier without them, to each to their own I guess :P

I try to compensate by being more aware of my surroundings. I'm going to have a look at those spy mirrors now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online