hi from new member

This post is 4404 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

just a quick intro... I've recently acquired a '91 SR250, a friend has had it sitting in his garage doing nothing for the last 6 or 7 years, so thought it would be fun little project to see if I can get it running and back on the road again. I'm a total newbie to motorbike maintenance, so after a few weeks of occasional tinkering and replacing a few bits and pieces (only basic stuff), today I got the engine running (well, for a few seconds!). Still a way to go before it's roadworthy, and lots for me to figure out & learn :-)

Cheers,

Alex

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers & yes, Spain seems like it'll be a great place for the bike. Need to improve my spanish quite a bit too... my explanation when trying to buy new spark plug & ht cable was along the lines of "thing that makes small fire in the engine and the rope to connect it to the battery", took a while for the guy to figure out what I meant (unsurprisingly!), but now I know a spark plug is "bujia" and ht cable is "cable de bujia" :-)

Spanish

Si senor, derdaygo, forti lorez inaro

dem arnt lorez, dayar trux

fulof cous ansom dux.

English

Si senor, there they go, forty lorries in a row

they aren't lorries, they are trucks

full of cows and some ducks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online