Thundercat 600

GeoffH
This post is 4331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, total new to the forum and looking for advice on a project I've just bought its a r reg thundercat with damaged frame I stripped it off the frame and am looking to purchase a new frame with v 5 what year frame will be alright to put everything back together is it 1996 to 2000? I will also need a ignition barrel and filler cap where will be te best place to purchase. Thanks to anyone giving advice

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anyone else think this bike is stolen????????

Bullshit not buying any of the story.. not any of it.

Why are you on a yam site asking for help with a honda???? Me thinks your a thief explain it in full !

Again anyone thinks this is wrong??

Hi Geoff, what sort of damage is on the frame? is it just bent or snapped? there are companies out the that can fix frames to save you having to buy a new frame and V5 etc etc, you will have to go get it checked out after so that it shows the insurance companies that its fit for the road again (but will most likely become a Q plate but don't quote me on that bit tho)

Your best place to find things is E-bay.

O and DT502001 he has a Honda VFR and a Yam Thundercat not a Honda thundercat :biglaugha: I see what your saying..........it sounds a bit dodgy but a mate of mine at work buys stolen recovered stuff as it is cheaper than buying them second hand etc etc, normally just need a few touch ups then he either turns them into track day toys or flogs them on once all the tests and all the red tape shit is sorted.

Thanks for a decent response the frame is badly cracked and the barrel is smashed the bike is a project for my youngest and by the time weve finished with it I reckon it would have been cheaper to buy the complete bike off ebay but where is the fun in that and how is my youngest going to learn, its basic biker principles he will learn with this project. The bike is a R reg 1996 Ive seen a frame on Ebay which is a 1998 I just needed to know that everything useful could be transfered across, Again thanks for the response.

Welcome Geoff

Yamaha didnt make any changes to the Thundercat since the day it was born,,,, apart from diferent colour's

From 1996 to 2003, i Think they are all the same.

They have an aluminium frame, so if your gona try an get your frame fixed it will be a bit more expensive than fixing a steel one.

Yer prob best to get a new frame and matching V5, and again as 2 wheels said they dont differ much so im sure they will just be a un bolt and bolt on jobber.

why not start up a projects thread with it down in the projects section? would be cool to see how it comes together

My appoliges just sounded realy sketchy needing all the parts one would need to convert a stolen bike into a ridable bike.

The projects page could use some new picts

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online