Question On Yamaha Chappy Exaust Silencer!

Mash
This post is 4331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I would like to ask a question regarding the exaust system and the effect of it on the engine....

Im using the stock exaust of yamaha on my chappy...at the end of this exaust there is a small silencer whitch can be removed.....by removing this im getting my motorbike louder....

My question is by removing this small part of the exaust im i causing damage to the engine in the long run???

REMEMBER IM NOT REMOVING THE EXAUST IM JUST REMOVING THE SILENCER AT THE END OF THE EXAUST!

My bike is a 50cc bike :)

thank you very much hope you can help :):jossun: :jossun: :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First off, please go to the new members section and introduce your self, once you have done this i will then give you some advise on this matter.

Hi Mash, If you remove the end? of your silencer then you run the risk of wrecking the engine, the silencer system is there not only to silence the bike but provide back pressure to the engine, this means that by removing bits from the system you will have to retime the engine to take into account the reduced back pressure, if you DON'T do this then the piston will burn out in short order, this MIGHT happen anyway but to be blunt it's there for a reason and you would be a tit to take it off without finding out exactly what it does, go to your local Yammie dealer mechanic and ask what the recommended SPORTS silencer is for your bike and fit that if you want to make it louder and a bit faster, but to be honest the chances of you making the bike into a speed machine as next to nil, I would suggest that you look around for a slightly more sporty bike and trade up to a bike you can live with rather than screw up the one you have. Hope that helps a bit? :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online