Maxim broken exhaust stud

slice
This post is 4276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok so I have decided to finally do something about the old maxim that has sat in my garage for the last 2 years and have whipped the head off to get the broken stud removed by someone who has more patience than me (local engineers)

So while I have the head off I was having a bit of a poke about and realised that I can block off the bloody YICS balance holes by replacing the rubber O rings with 4 blanking pieces, after all my XJ runs better and has better mileage since I used the YICS blanking tool (£45) :madflame: , but it got me thinking, should I block off the internal pass through balance holes or should I get another YICS blanking tool, cos if I blank it off internally (about 50p per hole) then there will be no way to undo it without removing the head, it's not for me but the next poor sod who has it. I know it's not really going to be my problem but was wondering what you boys and girls think is the best thing to do.

For those of you who don't know what a YICS system is it's to internally balance the carbs/fuel flow, and it's a bloody nuisance when you try to balance the carbs cos a "PROPER" YICS tool is about £100 :madflame: & as rare as rocking horse shit.

Thanks for any thoughts on this small conundrum. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online