Hey guys and Gals Noob here

mecalder
This post is 4415 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Everyone.

Well after looking for a long time for a very cheap dual sport bike project i got one. What I thought (or was told) was a 1983 DT125 turned out to be a 1986 DT50.

It is missing the top end so still trying to figure out what to do with it, 70cc big bore kit, different engine, or part it out and get something else. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and there is quite a population of riders here so really looking forward to getting involved. This will be my first dirt/dual bike. I have previously had a 1984 Honda Interceptor 750 and a 1980 Yamaha XS1100 road bike. My other toy is a 78 VW westy Camper which ironically carries a bike quite nicely if you take the bench seat out.

Looking forward to talking to you all.

Anyone have any advice as to what engine would fit in my bike, hopefully in the 100-125 range. I am 6'1 and 215 pounds so don't think the 50cc would cut it.

Thanks and happy riding

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mecalder. :welcome: to the YOC. No idea on the replacement engine. This section is for introductions though and your question may get over-looked... may want to post it in the workshop section. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online