WR125X starting problems

carl m
This post is 4260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all after some help I've got a wr125x on a 2011 plate, only just got it. when i bought it it had a blown starter so i replaced this bike still would not start but would bump so I've now replaced the starter clutch and fly wheel now starter turns engine over but wont start and now wont bump start either. I've checked spark and got a good strong one(new plug) fuel pump runs as had pipe off injector to check good strong flow of fuel. removed injector and checked it getting a good spray of fuel from it. every now and again it gives out a massive back fire when trying to start. engine management light goes out ok, LCD Set's to 0 when ignition switched on.

forgot to say at some point it's had a 180 head conversion after market exhaust and after market ecu system fitted

any help would be great cheers carl

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Carl. You may want to introduce yourself in the new member section. :)

Bad ecu posibly ..the timing is off droping the spark at the wrong time. Check coil and pickup and rotor timing

yep was woodruff key as put new one in and bike run great for about ten mins ten woodruff key failed again so going to put in to local bike shop to have it done (as i dont think i got bolt tight enought) then hopefull it will be ok will let you know

yep thats how i tightened it up apart from that i used a fabric strap to tighten it mate, dont supose yu know the correct torque setting do you as carnt find it any where cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online